If you are unable to come into the practice we offer a home visiting service. We will conduct a full and comprehensive eye examination in the comfort of your home at a time and day that is convenient for you. If new spectacles are required we carry a large selection of frames to suit all budgets.
When the spectacles have been manufactured to your prescription we will come out to your home again and ensure they fit properly.
You may qualify for a free home visit if you are:
- Over 60
- Under 16
- Are a full time student aged 16, 17 or 18
- Are receiving Income support
- Are receiving Income based job seekers allowance
- Are receiving Income related employment and support allowance
- Are receiving Pension credit guarantee credit
- Are receiving Tax credit with a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- Have an HC2 CERTIFICATE
- Are registered blind or partially sighted
- Suffer from diabetes or glaucoma
- Are considered to be at risk of glaucoma by an ophthalmologist
- Are over 40 and a direct relative of somebody with glaucoma
- Are a prisoner on leave
- Are prescribed complex lenses under the NHS
If you are not elegible for a home visit under the above criteria we offer a private eye examination. For this service please contact the practice
NURSING AND CARE HOMES
We can also perform home visits for residents of care homes and nursing homes, either at the request of the resident or a family member. We are able to come out to the home either for single residents or several residents at a time.
For more information on this service please contact our friendly staff on: 0121 559 1054